xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: SOAPEngine / EnvelopeProcessor - Am I way off ?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:59:38 GMT
I guess it would be just a matter of changing the current code that reads
the xml description of the "Deployment Descriptor" so that it can take
several of them (I have not actually tried, so it may already work...).

Jean-Noel
=============
Jean-Noel GADREAU
Software Engineer, ActivCard Inc.( http://www.activcard.com
<http://www.activcard.com/>  )
E-mail: jngadreau@activcard.com
Tel (main): 510-574-0100
Tel (direct): 510-574-1736

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Johns [mailto:rjohns@vignette.com]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 2:10 PM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: SOAPEngine / EnvelopeProcessor - Am I way off ?

Jean-Noel Gadreau wrote:

 Just a quick question though... why do you wnat to have multiple providers
in one deployment descriptor ? to have several different implementations ?

As I sit here and think through the reasons, I'm realizing that it's not
something that
buys much. My thought was that I could put descriptors for several providers
(all different)
in the same file and deploy them in a single call, as opposed to one for
every provider.
The end result (if you were to do a 'list' command in admin) would be
multiple providers.
I guess I thought it would be more efficient. At any rate, it's low on the
'todo' list.

=============
Jean-Noel GADREAU
Software Engineer, ActivCard Inc.( http://www.activcard.com
<http://www.activcard.com/>  )
E-mail: jngadreau@activcard.com
Tel (main): 510-574-0100
Tel (direct): 510-574-1736

thanks

Jean-Noel Gadreau wrote:

Hi all.

I am sending this quick e-mail because I did not get any feedback on the
patch/enhancement that I sent to the list a couple days ago on an
implementation of what I called "SOAPEngine" and "EnvelopeProcessors". As I
did not see any discussion on the list, I am wondering if my approach is
completely off the scope of Apache-SOAP, or if I am not considering the
problem correctly, if nobody cares or if you don't have time to look at it.

I need to keep working on this project for my company, but we also want to
contribute to Apache-SOAP if possible. So should I just keep working on it
as it is and post updates ? Do you see changes that I would need to roll in
now ?

If you could let me know what's your views on this, I would really
appreciate.

Thanks a lot

Jean-Noel