xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: i18n (was: rpcrouter servlet committed)
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 16:45:40 GMT
Then, I think it would make sense to put it (using the ByteArrayOutputStream
hack) so that Keep-Alive can be used. This is very important when you want
to do SSL, because you don't need to go through the handshake phase for each
request.

I am quite busy but I will try to submit a patch today. I got the SOAPEngine
stuff working last night (with a couple of issues, but I was able to run the
stock quote example) so I want to submit that before so that you can have a
look at it.

Jean-Noel
=============
Jean-Noel GADREAU
Software Engineer, ActivCard Inc.( http://www.activcard.com
<http://www.activcard.com/>  )
E-mail: jngadreau@activcard.com
Tel (main): 510-574-0100
Tel (direct): 510-574-1736

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven McDowall [mailto:sjm@aptest.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 8:27 AM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: i18n (was: rpcrouter servlet committed)

Yes, it is pretty important. The way most (all?) HTTP servers (Apache, etc.)
allow Connection oriented requests
(keep-alive) is through the use of content length. I.e. the request and
result must supply content length in order
to have more than one soap request per connection.. This has been an ongoing
concern/request ever since
IBM-SOAP came out..

-Steve