xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: RPCRouterServlet won't compile
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 23:34:45 GMT
I think you will need the servlet 2.2 API. You can find it on
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet

Jean-Noel
=============
Jean-Noel GADREAU
Software Engineer, ActivCard Inc.(http://www.activcard.com )
E-mail: jngadreau@activcard.com
Tel (main): 510-574-0100
Tel (direct): 510-574-1736

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Johns [mailto:rjohns@vignette.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 4:30 PM
To: soap-dev
Subject: RPCRouterServlet won't compile

Howdy,

I just downloaded source and am trying to build. I'm getting the following
compiler error and was wondering if I'm using the correct version of
javax.servlet.*. I'm using the 2.1 version which has a putValue(...) and
getValue(...) but no put/getAttribute(...).

here are the errors:

D:\xml-soap\java\src\org\apache\soap\server\http\RPCRouterServlet.java:224:
Method
getAttribute(java.lang.String) not found in interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
     targetObject = session.getAttribute (targetID);
                                         ^
D:\xml-soap\java\src\org\apache\soap\server\http\RPCRouterServlet.java:255:
Method
setAttribute(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object) not found in interface
javax.servlet.http.HttpSession.
     session.setAttribute (targetID, targetObject);

thanks.