xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: Soap Provider classes need access to servlet data
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:20:39 GMT
I am currently working on a little more generic version that is organized as
follows:

1) A servlet gets the request and uses the "SOAPEngine" get create an
Envelope out of it.
2) A context is created by the servlet (and some transport information is
put in the context (such as client IP, HttpServletRequest,...).
3) The SOAPEngine contains a "EnvelopeProcessor" that is going to take both
the envelope and the context, process it and return you the response
envelope.
4) The servlet then writes this envelope back to the client.

What I am trying to achieve with this is:
- move all the processing in the "SOAPEngine" so that it can be independant
of the servlet (and therefore be reused in the server you are mentioning).
- have the servlet only deal with the HTTP part
- provide flexibility on what processing is done on the server. My idea is
to have several "EnvelopeProcessors" that can be used to perform different
tasks (like routing, RPCCall, ...) .

I am almost done with the servlet part (by taking what Steven proposed and
adapting it) and I will try to merge this with the Servlet that was
committed by Sanjiva. I am working on a "RPCCallEnvelopeProcessor" that
would contain everything the rpcrouter.jsp (or servlet) is doing. I hope to
be able to post some patches against the CVS version by the end of the week
that would contain the servlet, a basic "SOAPEngine", and the
RPCCallEnvelopeProcessor, so that it will provide the same features as the
rpcrouter.jsp.

Jean-Noel Gadreau
Jean-Noel GADREAU
Software Engineer, ActivCard Inc.(http://www.activcard.com )