xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Noel Gadreau <jngadr...@activcard.com>
Subject RE: XERCES and SOAP
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2000 23:41:47 GMT
I exeprienced the same problem before. The problem is to run SOAP, you need
the DOM level 2 classes that are provided in xerces.jar . What happens (I
guess) is that you have in your CLASSPATH another XML package that is not
compliant with DOM level 2 and that is BEFORE xerces.jar.

Try to put xerces.jar at the beginning of your classpath.

Regards,
Jean-Noel Gadreau

-----Original Message-----
From: Cabrera, Alan [mailto:adc@multex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 4:36 PM
To: 'xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org'
Cc: 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: XERCES and SOAP

I'm trying to run the addressbook demo of SOAP with the command

java samples.addressbook.GetAddress
http://localhost:80/apache-soap/rpcrouter/rpcrouter.jsp "John B. Good"

and the JSP page throws an error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found
	at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:166)
	at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java, Compiled Code)
	at
jrun__apache2dsoap__rpcrouter__rpcrouter2ejsp24._jspService(jrun__apache2dso
ap__rpcrouter__rpcrouter2ejsp24.java, Compiled Code)
	at allaire.jrun.jsp.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:40)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunNamedDispatcher.forward(JRunNamedDispatcher.java:34
)
	at allaire.jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:174)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1013)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(JRunSE.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(JRunRequestDispatcher.jav
a:88)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.service(JRunSE.java:1131)
	at allaire.jrun.servlet.JvmContext.dispatch(JvmContext.java:330)
	at allaire.jrun.jrpp.ProxyEndpoint.run(ProxyEndpoint.java:354)
	at allaire.jrun.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
	at allaire.jrun.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java, Compiled Code)

Adding some debug messages I found out that an instance, named node, doesn't
seem to have the method getNamespaceURI().  The class of the instance named
node is org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl.  This class extends a
class that does have the method; I double checked by printing the methods of
that class.  Now, here's the really wierd part.  I take the Method object
getNamespaceURI and invoke it on the node object and I get the correct URI!

Details:

	Jrunner v3.0
	java version 1.2.2
	XERCES v1.1.3
	XML-SOAP-2_0_rc2

Any pointers on where I should look next would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan