xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Simpson, Jeff" <jsimp...@EZPRICING.com>
Subject RE: SOAPException changes to allow details
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:10:50 GMT
A string my make it a bit harder on the callers side.  What is nice with the
vector of elements is that you don't need to parse the output.  It is
already done for you.  We could put the stack trace into an element with out
much problem.

I guess the code I put into the rpcrouter.jsp needs to be put into the
serverlet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@watson.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 10:54 PM
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: SOAPException changes to allow details

This is a needed fix, however, I'd like to visit the reason behind
org.apache.soap.Fault having a vector of elements for the body
of the detail element. That seems overkill .. that should be just
a simple string IMO. Matt ??

If we change that to a string, then the exception can also be
a string and that way we can easily have a default where if there's
no detail set in the exception, the exception -> fault conversion
drops in a stacktrace into the detail element.

What do you think?

Sanjiva.