xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Simpson, Jeff" <jsimp...@EZPRICING.com>
Subject SOAPException and Fault Detail
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 18:37:12 GMT
I think it is a problem that you can not throw a SOAPException and include
Details.

As I read the code the SOAPException is caught in the rpcrouter.jsp and
converted into a Fault and the Fault is made into a Response.

What I propose to do to SOAPException is:
Add a Vector named details.
Add a getter and setter for details
Add a constructor SOAPException (String faultCode, String msg, Vector
details)

What I propose to do to rpsrouter.jsp is:
	In the section that catches the SOAPException fault.setDetailEntries
to the exception's details.

I hope this is the right way to make this proposal.  I have never
contributed to an Apache project before, but my company wants to use this
product and this is a problem for us.  If I have missed something obvious
please tell me.  I do need to know if I should go ahead and do this?  If so,
do I email this list with the changed files or check them into the
whiteboard area?  I assume I email them to this list since other people seem
to have.

Jeffrey V. Simpson
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.ezpricing.com/