xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: build.xml?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 07:17:07 GMT

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> Is Sam right - should the src dist be basically an image of the
> CVS extract? No, not really, because at least the top dir needs
> to be named soap-2_0_rcx etc..

And the reason it *needs* to be named this way is...what?  This is not done
for any of the projects I am the release manager for...  But even so, this
only the name of the top directory and says nothing about the structure
below.

My opinion is that the *only* things that should be removed is the CVS
directories.  I also believe that the binaries should be built from the
source as posted.  This is a stronger statement than saying that both are
derived from the same source.

If it helps, here is the relevant portion of the script that I use to
produce nightly builds:

  # remove CVS directories
  find $i -name CVS -exec echo rm -rf {} \; > clean.sh
  sh clean.sh
  rm clean.sh

  # capture source
  rm -f $i.zip $i.tar*
  zip -q -r $i.zip $i
  tar czf $i.tar.gz $i
  tar cf  $i.tar    $i ; compress $i.tar
  mv $i.zip $i.tar* ~/dist/src

More information on my nightly builds can be found at
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jakarta/nightly.html

- Sam Ruby