xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Attempting to use an Apache/Soap client with a MS.NET server
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2000 19:15:59 GMT

Does anybody out there know how to officially report issues with the MS.NET
implementation of SOAP?

I got a client application up and running using VisualStudio 7.  The client
produces the following:

   SOAPAction: http://tempuri.org/f2c

I had noticed this URI in the SDL.  I'm not sure where it came from, but
presumably I can configure it somewhere.  I had even tried it before - what
I hadn't tried is the URI without the quotes.  My read of the SOAP
specification (
indicates that the MS.NET behavior is not to spec.

Hacking the Apache/Soap implementation on my local machine to produce a
SOAPAction that MS.NET will tolerate gets me to the next problem.  To
illustrate, here is the outbound soap request:

   <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="
   http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="
   http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="
   <ns1:f2c xmlns:ns1="temp" SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="
   <temp xsi:type="xsd:double">10.0</temp>

Here is the response:

   Soap Fault:
     Fault Code   = Server
     Fault String = System.Exception: Error in XML document (3,93). --->
   System.Exception: <f2c xmlns='temp'> was not expected.
      at Temp.XmlSerializationReader1.Read1_f2c()
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters()
      at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.Invoke()

It looks like the MS.NET implementation expects all namespaces to be
defined on the envelope.

- Sam Ruby

View raw message