xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Attempting to use an Apache/Soap client with a MS.NET server
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2000 12:28:46 GMT

Terry wrote:

> A good starting point is:
> http://windows.oreilly.com/news/soapreview_0600.html

Excellent article, but it talks about the MS SOAP toolkit and not the
MS.NET implementation (they are quite different beasts).  It also doesn't
provide any insight into the proper value of the soap action header.

I've tried quite a few of the obvious choices, and even tried hacking into
the Apache/Soap client to try a few more (like not having an action header
- bad idea!).

My next attemp will be to get the MS.NET client up and working - my initial
experience there hasn't been good.  WebServiceUtil barfs for me.

>webserviceutil -c:proxy /pa:MathService.sdl /l:CSharp /n:MathServiceSpace
Microsoft (R) Web Services Utility [URT Version 2000.14.1812.10]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 2000. All rights reserved.

System.Exception: Error when reading from source location MathService.sdl
---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Element not found.

- Sam Ruby