xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: what do we call this beast?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2000 13:14:41 GMT

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> Is the Apache SOAP implementation called "XML SOAP" or "Apache
> SOAP"? Or something else? The first version (same as IBM SOAP
> v1.2 repackaged) was called XML SOAP.

When I proposed the project to the xml-pmc, the official name given was
"Apache/Soap", with the name of the CVS tree being "xml-soap".  A number of
Apache members have indicated a desire to revisit the PMC structure at the
next ApacheCon.  One of the topics to be discussed is the whether it is
appropriate or necessary to mention the umbrella project management
committee in project names.  (The general consensus appears to be "no").

- Sam Ruby