xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Brown, Keith" <KBr...@develop.com>
Subject RE: xml-soap and xsi:type requirements
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2000 21:39:43 GMT
FYI, Perl is an example of an OO language where overloading of methods has
no meaning. It's ironic that the very support for overloading (by requiring
xsi:type attrs) in apache's implementation makes it difficult to use from
Perl (I provided a workaround, but it's not terribly pretty).

Keith
http://www.develop.com/kbrown

-----Original Message-----
From: Wouter Cloetens
To: soap-dev@xml.apache.org
Sent: 8/12/2000 3:11 AM
Subject: RE: xml-soap and xsi:type requirements

That strikes me as silly. The schema thing doesn't actually handle that
then? Once again, the name "object" in "SOAP" proves to be a misnomer - I
can't think of a single OO language where the practice of defining multiple
methods with the same name (are you guys sure "overloading" is the correct
name for that?) but different parameter sets isn't possible.

[snip]