xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Johns <rjo...@vignette.com>
Subject Re: Soap Provider classes need access to servlet data
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:51:02 GMT
I'm new to this group, having previously spent some time on soap-user.
I'm confused immediately. So does this work you are about to checkin
mean that the xml-soap architecture is about to change? Forgive my
ignorance -- but is there a lead architect that oversees the direction of
the architecture?

thanks.

Jean-Noel Gadreau wrote:

> I am currently working on a little more generic version that is organized as follows:
>
> 1) A servlet gets the request and uses the "SOAPEngine" get create an Envelope out of
it.
> 2) A context is created by the servlet (and some transport information is put in the
context (such
> as client IP, HttpServletRequest,...).
>
> 3) The SOAPEngine contains a "EnvelopeProcessor" that is going to take both the envelope
and the
> context, process it and return you the response envelope.
>
> 4) The servlet then writes this envelope back to the client.
>
> What I am trying to achieve with this is:
> - move all the processing in the "SOAPEngine" so that it can be independant of the servlet
(and
> therefore be reused in the server you are mentioning).
>
> - have the servlet only deal with the HTTP part
> - provide flexibility on what processing is done on the server. My idea is to have several
> "EnvelopeProcessors" that can be used to perform different tasks (like routing, RPCCall,
...) .

> I am almost done with the servlet part (by taking what Steven proposed and adapting it)
and I will
> try to merge this with the Servlet that was committed by Sanjiva. I am working on a
> "RPCCallEnvelopeProcessor" that would contain everything the rpcrouter.jsp (or servlet)
is doing.