xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Cabrera, Alan" <...@multex.com>
Subject RE: XERCES and SOAP
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:10:40 GMT
Then why is it that when I ask the object for it's class it says
"org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl"?  Also, why is it that if I
ask for all its Method objects I find the getNamespaceURI method?  If I
remove the xerces.jar file, I cannot find the classes so I know they don't
exist anywhere else.

BTW, here's my path

D:\dev\xerces-1_1_3\xerces.jar;D:\dev\xml-soap-2_0_rc2\lib\SOAP.jar;D:\dev\x
ml-soap-2_0_rc2\lib\pop3.jar;D:\dev\xml-soap-2_0_rc2\lib\smtp.jar;D:\dev\xml
-soap-2_0_rc2\lib\xmisoap.jar;.;Z:\classes;D:\classes;C:\VisualCafe\JAVA\LIB
;C:\VisualCafe\JAVA\LIB\SYMCLASS.ZIP;C:\VisualCafe\JAVA\LIB\CLASSES.ZIP;C:\V
isualCafe\JFC\SWINGALL.JAR;C:\VisualCafe\BIN\COMPONENTS\SFC.JAR;C:\VisualCaf
e\BIN\COMPONENTS\SYMBEANS.JAR;C:\VisualCafe\JAVA\LIB\ERADTOOLS.JAR;C:\Visual
Cafe\JAVA\LIB\ERADPUBLIC.JAR;C:\VisualCafe\JAVA\LIB\Collections.zip;C:\Visua
lCafe\JAVA\LIB\jsdk.jar;C:\VisualCafe\JAVA\LIB\SYMTOOLS.JAR;C:\VisualCafe\JA
VA\LIB\Olite35.JAR

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Noel Gadreau [mailto:jngadreau@activcard.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 7:42 PM
To: 'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'; 'xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: XERCES and SOAP

I exeprienced the same problem before. The problem is to run SOAP, you need
the DOM level 2 classes that are provided in xerces.jar . What happens (I
guess) is that you have in your CLASSPATH another XML package that is not
compliant with DOM level 2 and that is BEFORE xerces.jar.

Try to put xerces.jar at the beginning of your classpath.

Regards,
Jean-Noel Gadreau