xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Wouter Cloetens" <wcloe...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject RE: xml-soap and xsi:type requirements
Date Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:59:29 GMT
On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 14:39:43 -0700, Brown, Keith wrote:

>FYI, Perl is an example of an OO language where overloading of methods has
>no meaning.

I'm risking starting a holy language war here, but I wasn't counting
languages like Perl and Object Rexx as _true_ OO languages, as they
haven't been designed with OO functionality as a core design goal,
unlike for instance Java or Smalltalk (C++ is a borderline case).
Don't get me wrong, I still love C and Perl. ;-)

bfn, Wouter
--
http://www.workspot.net/~zombie/soap/
My opinions are irrelevant. They will be assimilated by my employer.