xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Wouter Cloetens" <wcloe...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SOAPException changes to allow details
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 07:51:04 GMT
The SOAP spec says that details are a sequence of XML elements which can have child
elements, so I guess that's why it's a Vector of Element objects.

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:53:47 -0400, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>SOAPException changes to allow details
>This is a needed fix, however, I'd like to visit the reason behind
>org.apache.soap.Fault having a vector of elements for the body
>of the detail element. That seems overkill .. that should be just
>a simple string IMO. Matt ??
>
>If we change that to a string, then the exception can also be
>a string and that way we can easily have a default where if there's
>no detail set in the exception, the exception -> fault conversion
>drops in a stacktrace into the detail element.
>
>What do you think?
>
>Sanjiva.

SOAPException and return back a SOAP Fault detail.  It has the happy side effect of
allowing you to also send back your own fault codes.

>  I added a vector, details, to SOAPException, and made getters and setter for it.
>
>  I made some changes to rpcrouter.jsp.  Here where the SOAPException is caught I test

the targetException to see if it was a SOAPException and if it was I set the fault Details
the exceptions details.  I think this clears up a few bugs.

>  If you decide to use this use the details you should be careful that the Vector must
be
filled only with Elements.

>  Jeffrey V. Simpson
>  Senior Software Engineer
>  http://www.ezpricing.com/
>  Tel:    (202)  833-4949 x116
>  Cell:   (202) 253-1302
>  Fax:    (202) 833-3819

e.Service IT Architect
wcloeten@raleigh.ibm.com      Wouter Cloetens/Rochester/IBM
Tel: +1-507-286-6343   T/L 456-6343
Rochester bld 005-02 office F106 mailpoint LAV