xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Wouter Cloetens" <wcloe...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject RE: i18n (was: rpcrouter servlet committed)
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:39:05 GMT
I'm not sure if that's true. Read the HTTP 1.1 spec on chunked transfer
encoding which doesn't specify a content length. A SOAP client that
were to do HTTP 1.1 keepalives will have to support reading that type
of reply from the server.
Although the HTTP 1.1 spec indicates that keepalive can be implemented
on HTTP 1.0 requests, my tests show that there's at least one webserver
out there that will stubbornly close the connection on 1.0 clients.
None of this has anything to do with SOAP per se. Since the apache-soap
client implements the http protocol itself (rather than using
HttpUrlConnection for instance), there's no demand for a content-length
to be set that we can't deal with. Although I would argue in favour of
setting it for performance reasons.

bfn, Wouter

--
http://www.workspot.net/~zombie/soap/
My opinions are irrelevant. They will be assimilated by my employer.