xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Wouter Cloetens" <wcloe...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Evolutions on XML-SOAP
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2000 01:50:57 GMT
On Tue, 08 Aug 2000 23:48:28 -0500, George I Matkovits wrote:

>I very much agree with your priority on interoperability, unfortunately on a
>Windows2000 its built in IPSEC provides ready support for 'security' between W-to-W
>soaping but this is not true for any of the other platforms. (-:

I don't understand why people keep claiming that. OS/2's TCP/IP stack comes with VPN
out of the box since 3 years ago or so. :-)

But that sort of thing doesn't help you if you're deploying a public, secure SOAP service

on the Internet (e.g. ordering items with a credit card number included).

bfn, Wouter
--
http://www.workspot.net/~zombie/soap/
My opinions are irrelevant. They will be assimilated by my employer.