xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Wouter Cloetens" <wcloe...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Java Sevlet Implementation - Attachment
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 06:07:10 GMT
On Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:52:17 -0500, Steven J. McDowall wrote:

>I have finished a PRELIMINARY Servlet version of rpcrouter.jsp.

Good work. I'm especially happy with the Unicode support. :-)

Hmm, why would you support the GET method in it? That can't deliver a SOAP payload.
Only POST and PUT have content...

Another problem with the JSP version that's still in the servlet version, is that the try
block
to catch SOAPExceptions and then return SOAP faults, does not extend over the part at
the bottom that builds the response. That part can also throw SOAPExceptions, which will
let the servlet engine send some HTML error page it generates itself. Even the
SOAPException catch block doesn't always return a valid SOAP error response (just a
message or a stack trace sometimes).

bfn, Wouter
--
http://www.workspot.net/~zombie/soap/
My opinions are irrelevant. They will be assimilated by my employer.