xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SOAPException changes to allow details
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:53:47 GMT
SOAPException changes to allow detailsThis is a needed fix, however, I'd like to visit the
reason behind
org.apache.soap.Fault having a vector of elements for the body
of the detail element. That seems overkill .. that should be just
a simple string IMO. Matt ??

If we change that to a string, then the exception can also be
a string and that way we can easily have a default where if there's
no detail set in the exception, the exception -> fault conversion
drops in a stacktrace into the detail element.

What do you think?

Sanjiva.

----- Original Message -----
  From: Simpson, Jeff
  To: Soap-Dev@Xml. Apache. Org (E-mail)
  Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 6:24 PM
  Subject: SOAPException changes to allow details

  Here are some changes that I made that allow the Server Class to throw a SOAPException and
return back a SOAP Fault detail.  It has the happy side effect of allowing you to also send
back your own fault codes.

  I added a vector, details, to SOAPException, and made getters and setter for it.

  I made some changes to rpcrouter.jsp.  Here where the SOAPException is caught I test the
targetException to see if it was a SOAPException and if it was I set the fault Details to
the exceptions details.  I think this clears up a few bugs.

  If you decide to use this use the details you should be careful that the Vector must be
filled only with Elements.

  Jeffrey V. Simpson
  Senior Software Engineer
  http://www.ezpricing.com/