xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From "John Hartman" <jhart...@walrus.com>
Subject Re: Error saving services registry: DeployedServices.ds
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 04:38:48 GMT
Hello all:

Has anyone else run across permission problems when using deploy.jsp? If
not...well, Sanjiva...where is ServiceManager trying to write the registry
to?

I'm attempting to deploy the AddressFetcher "out of the box" so to speak,
using the contents of DeploymentDescriptor.xml as my guide in completing the
deployment. Submiting the form simply results in a server fault response.

I've only been able to determine that the following exception occurs within
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager (as indicated below in the stack trace
I've included).

I've installed JServ, running a relatively recent release of Apache, running
on a Linux platform. Xerces and Soap are current up to July 26th. I've given
world access to just about every directory I could guess the registry could
be written to.

Exception: [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Error saving
services registry: DeployedServices.ds (Permission denied)]
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Error saving services
registry: DeployedServices.ds (Permission denied)]
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager.saveRegistry(ServiceManager.java:127)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManager.deploy(ServiceManager.java:146)
        at
jsp__soap__deploy_2ejsp._jspService(jsp__soap__deploy_2ejsp.java:154)
        at org.gjt.jsp.HttpJspPageImpl.service(HttpJspPageImpl.java:75)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet$Page.process(JspServlet.java:908)
        at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet.xservice(JspServlet.java:550)
        at org.gjt.jsp.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:436)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:317)
        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)