xml-soap-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@allaire.com>
Subject RE: IBM/Apache implementation enforcing "Response" tag.
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 15:39:35 GMT

The relevant section states:

"Each parameter accessor has a name corresponding to the name of the
parameter and type corresponding to the type of the parameter. The name of
the return value accessor is not significant. Likewise, the name of the
struct is not significant. However, a convention is to name it after the
method name with the string "Response" appended."

So it's not required, and therefore (IMHO) should not be mandated by general
implementations.  I have no problem with this being the default, but it
should probably be flexible.

Glen Daniels
Allaire Corp
Engineering Manager