xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Jackson <cjack...@ghsinc.com>
Subject Re: SecureXmlRpcTransport?
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 21:19:58 GMT
We have a functioning implementation of SecureXmlRpcTransport and
DefaultXmlRpcTransportFactory with a very permissive X509TrustManager
(no cert checking or hostname verification) We'll tighten that up soon,
but our current dilemma has to do with JSSE support - our current code
sets the "java.protocol.handler.pkgs" to
"com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol" to support Tomcat's use of the
old JSSE api - is this a problem with anyone? 1.4.x depreciates the
com.sun.net.ssl api in favor of the javax.net.ssl and complains on
compile.
We are also not sure of the best way/where/when to set this system
property because it globally overrides other protocol handlers. Don't
know if this steps on anyone's code. It has to be set before creating
URL objects (AFAIK) so we would need to do this setup before creating
URL objects for XmlRpcClient contructors are called. I'd like to do
something like:

URL url = new URL("https://server/path");
XmlRpcTransportFactory factory = new DefaultXmlRpcTransportFactory();
XmlRpcRequest request = new XmlRpcRequest("method.call", new Vector());
XmlRpcClient client = new XmlRpcClient(url, factory);

String result = null;

try {
     result = (String)client.execute(request);
}catch(Exception e) {
     e.printStackTrace();
}

but adding a SecurityTool() type of call before that is possible.