xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: how to setDebug(true) on XmlRpcServer?
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:02:43 GMT
Adam Megacz <adam@megacz.com> writes:

> Since XmlRpcServer hides its XmlRpc in a package-protected inner
> class, how can I turn on debugging when using an XmlRpcServer?

Doing the following will work:

  XmlRpc.setDebug(true);

Since the "debug" field of the XmlRpc class is a class member (rather
than an instance member), there is only one copy no matter how many
sub-classes you make (so setting that one copy affects all
sub-classes).

The architecture of the XML-RPC package would be drastically improved
using a pattern similar to the RuntimeEngine/RuntimeSingleton classes
in Velocity's org.apache.velocity.runtime package.
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>