xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject WebServer.java
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:36:11 GMT
Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com> writes:

> Jim Redman <jim@ergotech.com> writes:
>
> > I don't think that this is correct.  If the only thread is the
> > listener then the server should stay listening and not exit.  With the
> > thread set to daemon, if the only remaining thread in the application
> > is the server, the application will exit.
>
> I think you are correct.  I did not consider this use case.  Rolling
> back change.

I would very much like to dump the WebServer class in favor of
wrapping the XmlRpcServer in a HttpServlet (and not using a XML-RPC
client to make requests like the current XmlRpcProxyServlet does).
Basically, we'd mark it as deprecated and cease maintainence on it.
As is, it has serious problems (as does a lot of the code in this
package).

What are people's thoughts on this?
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>