xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: Graphical XML-RPC client
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:09:22 GMT
Peter Lyons <plyons@codefab.com> writes:

> Does anyone know of a generic graphical tool that allows you to enter an
> url, method name, and arbitrarily complex parameters, and make a remote
> procedure call and examine the response?  I've searched on google and
> didn't find anything.  I'd be interesting in building a GUI wrapper for
> the XmlRpcClient class that would facilitate development and testing of
> new services.  Just wanted to see if something was already out there or
> if anyone wanted to offer suggestions/advice on developing this
> interface.

Commons HttpClient might be helpful implementing such a thing.  I saw
Remy and another guy use a client like you speak of at the last
JavaOne while they demonstrated Jakarta Slide.  They might have
something usable by you.  Also, perhaps JMeter has this sort of
capability?
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>