xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Megacz <a...@megacz.com>
Subject Re: system.multicall()
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:52:15 GMT

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com> writes:
> The multicall handler needs a reference to the XmlRpcServer to
> perform the multiple RPC calls;

This is true, and cannot be avoided, since SystemHandler needs access
(at least indirectly) to XmlRpcServer.handlers in order to dispatch
the subcalls. You can't get around this.

> I assume this is why you set things up this way.

Not really -- I favor automatically adding the handler since just
about every other XML-RPC implementation that supports
system.multicall also does so. IMHO the few people who need system.*
to work differently can use removeHandler(). Same goes for the
system.introspection methods, which somebody may implement in the
future.

  - a

--
Sick of HTML user interfaces?