xml-general mailing list archives

From Mukul Gandhi <muk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL]: Dropping JDK 1.3 support for Xerces-J?
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:09:52 GMT
Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> It would be helpful to have one last release using 1.3 with a big notice on the homepage
> people are prepared.

I think it'll be just too tedious to have PsychoPath XPath engine
(necessary for Xerces XML Schema 1.1 support) for JDK 1.3 as compliant
as it's for JDK 1.5 (where we have almost 100% compliance to XPath 2.0

We already nearly have same XPath 2.0 compliance of PsychoPath engine
for JDK 1.4 (where it's hugely better than, that for JDK 1.3 !).

I think announcing the end of JDK 1.3 support for Xerces-J could be
done via Xerces news portal, or perhaps via Xerces wiki as well :)

Mukul Gandhi