xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: [POLL]: Dropping JDK 1.3 support for Xerces-J?
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 14:10:55 GMT
+1 to moving the future versions to 1.4, it sounds like it's the right
time for that now, especially with the Schema differences.  It would be
helpful to have one last release using 1.3 with a big notice on the
homepage so people are prepared.

And I agree overall with Michael about sticking with 1.4 and not jumping
ahead; Xerces is at the core of a *lot* of software, and there are
plenty of people maintaining and updating apps on older versions of
software built atop the ASF XML stack.

Thanks,
- Shane