xml-general mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Dropping JDK 1.2 support for Xerces-J (and possibly JDK 1.3? 1.4? in the future)
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 05:30:46 GMT

Worth nothing that although Java 1.4 may have passed Sun's EOL date there
are other JDK vendors who may have end of service dates that are still in
the future. So it may be that a user who is still stuck on that JDK level
is still getting support and bug fixes that they wouldn't be getting
anymore for the Sun version. I wouldn't assume that the eventual releases
out of Apache Harmony would bind themselves to Sun's dates either (for when
they'd stop maintenance).

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development