xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Dropping JDK 1.2 support for Xerces-J (and possibly JDK 1.3? 1.4? in the future)
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:08:50 GMT
+1 to dropping 1.2 support.

Please - be sure that the main website clearly lists the last release we
think that Xerces worked on JDK version x.y.  Xerces is ubiquitous, and
is used directly or within other products virtually everywhere.  While
we don't need to spend developer time worrying about ancient JDK
versions, we should make it clear where people who have to stay on
legacy systems can get an appropriate release.

I'd love it if we ensured that we feature a prominent link and host the
download for the zip/targz plus it's key file for "the last known good
Xerces with JDK x.y" as we drop support for earlier releases.

Thanks for bringing the item up!

- Shane