How Hard Would It Be (how much performance would it cost us) if we put in a switch for whether the users wanted double-quoted attributes (requiring double-quotes within them be escaped) or single-quoted (requiring single-quotes within them be escaped)?

I know we don't want to try to switch on a case-by-case basis -- that would be a definite performance hit -- but this *might* be an affordable option and might help a few folks.

On the other hand, it might help too few to be justifiable. In which case the answer might be "It's open source; here's where to patch it to swap the two."

"... Three things see no end: A loop with exit code done wrong,
A semaphore untested, And the change that comes along. ..."
-- "Threes" Rev 1.1 - Duane Elms / Leslie Fish (http://www.ovff.org/pegasus/songs/threes-rev-11.html)