xml-general mailing list archives

From Brian Minchau <minc...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: [Announce] Escaping double quotation marks in XSL
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:31:23 GMT
Timothy,
well, .... yes, .... but I think that trying to inject double quotes into
the attribute value (with modifications to you suggestion)  in this way
will only get them escaped as &quot; which is not what the user wanted.

- Brian

             "Timothy Jones"
             <Timothy.Jones@sy
             niverse.com>                                               To
                                       <keshlam@us.ibm.com>, Brian
             10/24/2007 12:14          Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
                                       <general@xml.apache.org>,
                                       <tranceradi@hotmail.com>,
                                       <xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [Announce] Escaping double
                                       quotation marks in XSL

Maybe you should explore something like this:

    <xsl:element name='image'>
        <xsl:for-each select='@*'>
            <xsl:attribute name='qname(.)'><xsl:value-of select='.'
/></xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:element>

This way, the transformer is at least aware of the tag you are trying to
insert into the output.

tlj