xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: xml-commons-external-1.3.02
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:24:55 GMT
I really thought I replied earlier!  Yes, I would love to see a new
release of xml-commons-external.  However, there are a couple of
questions we need answered.  Anyone from the Xerces/Xalan teams want to
chime in with the info, since they've done much of the maintenance in
the past here?

- What are all the different branches of xml-commons-external code, and
more importantly, what versions of DOM/SAX/JAXP are they each supposed
to support?

- Who here has direct access to the appropriate JAXP 1.3 TCK and can run
it on our code?  While it's slightly legally unclear to me if an
xml-commons-external release itself must pass the TCK, we really need to
know if it will pass or not.  (Given that xml-commons-external only
includes the interfaces, and doesn't actually include an implementation
of JAXP itself, I haven't studied if it has to independently pass the
TCK, or if only implementers like Xerces/Xalan/etc have to pass the TCK
itself.

- Shane