xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Code that edits XML documents
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:38:21 GMT
All "DOM-like" libraries would do, or ?
dom4j, jdom (two very good libraries for in-memory representation of
the XML-tree, both support XPath, JDOM exposes children with
java-collections) and DOM (which is a standard implemented by Xerces).
Presumably other such libraries as well as stax or xpp can do it.

They all have support for lexical-handling but that's sadly, not enough
to have everything, for example, entities within attribute-values or
DTD-implied attributes. Generally this means that the re-output is
considerably less readable, at least that's my experience.

I'd love to be contradicted!

paul