xml-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No ICLA for some authors in Sun's JAXP 1.3 donation
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:33:30 GMT

On Apr 12, 2005, at 5:26 AM, Neeraj Bajaj wrote:

> Hello Geir,
>
> Signing ICLA shouldn't be a problem if that is requirement.
> Let us know what needs to be done. Should one be committer
> to sign ICLA ?

You don't have to be a committer, no.  If these individuals wish to be
able to earn committer status in the future, you might as well do them.

OTOH, if this was just work inside Sun previously on the codebase, then
their work is covered in the license grant part of the CCLA that got
the code to the ASF in the first place, so nothing should be needed.

What I would do is just remove the names from the code, and in the
commit message, note that you are removing as they are internal Sun
committers, that their work was done at Sun before the contribution was
made, and you are removing them to eliminate the confusion that arose.

This way, when someone looks back in a few year, the note is there and
it will be clear.

geir

geirm@apache.org