xml-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No ICLA for some authors in Sun's JAXP 1.3 donation
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:10:50 GMT

On Apr 11, 2005, at 5:13 PM, Brian Minchau wrote:

> Geir,
> Neeraj Bajaj committed the Sun JAXP 1.3 code and he has an ICLA on
> file.
> However, looking at the donated code,  there are  @author tags now
> present
> for two Sun folks who don't have ICLAs. The new @author tags are:
>    Jeff.Suttor@Sun.com
>    Joseph.Fialli@Sun.COM
>
> As you pointed out to me before, they are not listed in the CCLA
> (because
> no names are in the CCLA).  This needs to get resolved.
>
> Which is the resolution?
> a) get these tags removed
> b) get those Sun people to sign ICLAs
> c) the Sun people have ICLAs on file, but the foundation/iclas.txt
> file is
> out of date

I think that the simple solution is to have the tags removed, because
they have made no independent direct contribution to the project.  I'm
only guessing, but they are internal authors on the work at Sun, and
have nothing to do with the project at the ASF.  Their work, which was
owned by Sun, was contributed as part of the CCLA-ed contribution that
was just committed.

Is that right?

geir

geirm@apache.org