xml-general mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Ba...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Article on JAXP 1.3 [Re: xml-commons upgradation to JAXP 1.3 complete [Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache]]
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:36:07 GMT
My apologies dims. Somehow this mail was skipped.

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

>Neeraj,
>
>Do you think it will be possible/useful to somehow extract/use
>javax.xml.xpath and org.apache.xpath.jaxp with existing shipping
>versions of Xalan+Xerces?

I think it should be possible. New functionality has been added into
org.apache.xpath.jaxp package. So by extracting that package &
javax.xml.xpath
it should be possible. I have cc'ed this mail to Ramesh Mandava who
has worked on the implementation of java.xml.xpath.
Ramesh, What is your opinion ?

>Reason for asking, current code in apache xml-security (and even
>cocoon for that matter) has fixed dependency on xalan's API for XPath
>and i'd like to investigate if we can change that to use the
>javax.xml.xpath instead.

That's good. Let us know if you would like to know more.
I would be happy to help.

- Neeraj