xml-general mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Ba...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:40:57 GMT
Hello All,

I sent the mail below with JAXP 1.3 APIs source code attached as zip but
mail bounced back with the following message

<error>
<general@xml.apache.org>
 (reason: 552 ZIP attachments are not accepted here.)
</error>

What should i do now ? Is there a way to upload sources on Apache
server somewhere ?
Can anyone guide me what is the procedure for such code grants ?

I am looking help from the active committers of Xerces & Xalan community
to help put it in a
a branch and make it work there. As i think due to large number of
changes it would be a considerable
amount of work. This will also help the committers & community to have a
look at the code before
it is merged into the main stream work.

I think i have commit access at xml-commons so i can commit the sources
in xml-commons branch
or main trunk (and create branch for old jaxp sources ).  What is the
opinion of community ? I can
start this as soon as i get a consensus from the community. My
preference is to put the sources on
xml-commons main trunk.

Please let me know how should i proceed.

Thanks,

- Neeraj

Hello All,

*Sun Microsystems donates the source code of JAXP 1.3 APIs +
implementation to Apache XML.*
JAXP 1.3 (JSR 206 <http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=206>) is
significant advancement over JAXP 1.2 and adds whole lot of new
functionalities.

* New Schema Validation Framework
* New Object Model neutral XPath APIs
* New Java datatypes which maps to XML Schema Datatypes.
* Reuse parser instance
* Security enhancements
* Support for the latest standards (DOM L3 Core, DOM L3 Load & Save, SAX
2, XML 1.1 and XInclude)

*JAXP 1.3 APIs source code is attached with this mail. *

Due to large size of code base i will be sending different mails for the
source code of Xerces & Xalan.

I have attached the original mail where i proposed the process of
upgrading xml-commons to JAXP 1.3 APIs and
integrating this donation into the main stream work of Xerces & Xalan.
There was a general consensus to my proposal
and we can discuss more about the technicalities of merging with in the
appropriate (Xml-commons, Xerces, Xalan)
community.

Let's upgrade to JAXP 1.3 :-)

- Neeraj