xml-general mailing list archives

From Neil Graham <ne...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: xml.apache.org way for tracking contributions
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 05:48:00 GMT
Hi Dominique,

It may be that you're thinking of language in the charter that the Xerces
community recently agreed to use for the putative Xerces top-level
project.  I've attached a copy to this message.  While this doesn't
describe how information about contributions gets recorded, section 7 goes
into some detail about what kinds of information need to be recorded if a
CLA is not required and under what conditions a CLA needs to be signed in
order for a contribution to be accepted.

Hope that helps,
Neil

Neil Graham
Manager, XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

Dominique de Vito <dominique.devito@objectweb.org>
11/30/2004 05:08 PM
Please respond to
general

general@xml.apache.org
cc

Subject
xml.apache.org way for tracking contributions

Hi,

I am working on Eclipse WTP <http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/>.

We plan to track all contributions at source file level and at the
project level.

I have heard such tracking processs may have been "formalized" for
xml.apache.org in a guideline/document. If xml.apache.org has such
guideline/document, I will be happy to know it as it would be a very
valuable input for defining our own tracking way.

Thanks.

Dominique
// Thales+ObjectWeb
// working on Eclipse WTP