xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: Ensuring integrity & searchability of ML archives (was Re: [REQUEST] XML Graphics setup) (Modified by Clay Leeds)
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:11:17 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:

> When the Apache Forrest project changed to a new domain, they also
> changed from forrest-dev@x.a.o to dev@f.a.o & user@f.a.o. Unfortunately,
> with this change comes (IMHO) a significant problem for browsers of the
> archives: forrest-dev@ mail is a completely separate mailing list (with
> a separate interface). The problem is that forrest-dev was used for
> *all* dev *&* user mailing list traffic, so a search in the 'current'
> mailing lists' archives does not include content in forrest-dev (that's
> a separate search).

Which archives are you looking at?

The eyebrowse archives include the forrest-dev@xml and go back to
November 2002.

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=dev@forrest.apache.org&by=date&from=2002-05-01&to=2002-05-31&first=1&count=636

For Eyebrowse, when moving a list name, we generally set up a new
archive under the new list name and index all the old messages into the
new archive.

Cheers,
	Berin