xml-general mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: XMLGraphics temp site up (was Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?)
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:33:47 GMT
On Nov 4, 2004, at 9:01 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Very nice--I like the xmlgraphics logo, and the layout of the text is
> well done.

Thanks for the comments, Glen!

> I think in general having fewer pages but of higher quality is
> preferable.
> Glen

I agree that having fewer pages is prefereable. However, because one of
the things we're trying to do with the Apache XML Graphics Project is
generate interest (members, users, contributors, etc.), my sense is
that we should present content which helps 'legitimize' the project
(that may be a poor choice of words...).

In other words, having few documents might make xmlgraphics 'appear'
less 'legitimate'.

To help us identify the pages which might be good to add, I've placed
the relevant pages from the Nav tab for xml.apache.org[2] below:

("[*]" indicates items I think make sense for xmlgraphics, and [?] are
questionable and [x])

About
- Welcome [*]
- News [?] gets stale easily!
- Mission [?] stated on Welcome page
- Guidelines [?] ???
Projects [*]
- FOP [*]
- Batik [*]
Community [*]
- Who We Are [*]
- Credits [x] spelled out in Who We Are
Resources [x]
- Downloads [x]
- Bug Database [x]
- Wiki [?] will there be a XMLGraphics wiki separate from FOP &/or
Batik?
- Gump [x]
Information [*]
- Get Involved [*]