xml-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 05:54:34 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Thanks, Clay and Christian, for taking care of this.
> >
> > I'm also still waiting for the TLP go. From certain statements I
> > expected the resolution to pass last week, but I guess they're busy.
> > The
> > next regular board meeting is on Wed, 20 Oct 2004. I'm inclined to give
> > them a chance until right after the meeting.
>
> We still have problems with the wiki which need to be resolved. I don't
> know where the ball sits. I noticed on infrastructure@ that folks are
> about ready to just lock it up and delete it after a couple of
> months... (I believe 'chmod -R -w' & 'switch it off after a couple of
> months' were bandied about...)

There is more to it than that. We also said
in the other thread on this topic
"Re: [wiki] Migrate to the new moinmoin wiki farm!"
general@x.a.o Cc infrastructure@a.o
that when all projects had finally decided to move,
we would do another bulk conversion to Moin format,
and then lock the old one. Really it is up to the
PMCs to make this decision. How many projects still
have a wiki there? This decision is hard to coordinate.

I reckon it should just be done whatever happens. And soon.

--
David Crossley