xml-general mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:49:56 GMT
Hello Neeraj,

I think this is a good plan for merging the JAXP 1.3 changes into Xerces.
There's been quite a bit of progress on the XInclude implementation in
CVS, particularly in the last two months, so I imagine it's quite
different than it's state in the RI. Initially putting the RI on a
separate branch and then merging onto the main trunk sounds like the right
way to move forward.

Thanks.

Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Bajaj@Sun.COM> wrote on 10/12/2004 08:02:14 AM:

> JAXP 1.3 RI:  (Implementation components that should be part of Xerces)
>

> JAXP 1.3 RI contains the implementation of following packages
>
> javax.xml.datatype
> javax.xml.validation
> javax.xml.parsers ( reset(), xinclude, etc.)
>
> which should reside at Xerces.
>
> I propose that we create a branch, and merge JAXP 1.3 RI changes
> into that branch.  This will help
> other Xerces active committers to have a chance to look at it before
> these changes being finally
> committed to main trunk.  This process would require merging changes
> to the branch and then committing
> changes to main trunk, i seek help of active Xerces committers.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com