xml-general mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion/draft] XML Graphics setup
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:15:22 GMT
On Oct 29, 2004, at 1:20 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> On 29.10.2004 10:14:22 Christian Geisert wrote:
>> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>> The approval of the project comes at a bad time for me personally, as
>>> I'm very busy ATM. Nonetheless, we need to get the project set up
>>> very
>>> quickly. Below I've started to fill out the project request form from
>>
>> Coincidently I started writing a mail about the same subject
>> yesterday ;-)

You're not the only one... ;-)

> Good to know not everything entirely depends on me. :-)

Thanks for getting this going, Jeremias!

         clay@apache.org
>>>   <please include yourself here>

>> I'm happy to moderate another mailing list.
>
> Thanks!

Count me in (I'm happy to moderate another mailing list).

>>> (iii) archives
>>>   mbox
>>>   I.     http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/mail/general/YYYYMM.gz
>>>        (mbox archives for general@ only!)
>>
>> Why no archive for pmc list (this should be private too)
>
> I don't know if this is possible. We're going to ask.
>
>>> (iv) options
>>>
>>>   I.   Reply-To: Header       [X] yes   [ ] no
>>>     NOTE: $PROJECT-cvs@$TLP.apache.org ->
>>> $PROJECT-dev@$TLP.apache.org
>>>   II.  Prefix in Subject      [ ] yes   [X] no
>>>   III. Eyebrowse              [X] yes   [ ] no
>>>        (Eyebrowse for general@ only!)
>>>
>>>   IV.  Moderation Message     [X] short [ ] long
>>>   V.   Message Trailer        [X] yes   [ ] no
>>>    (a).   general@xmlgraphics.apache.org
>>>
>>> =====================(CUT HERE)======================================

Being the... erm... perfectionist that I am... I'm thinking

=====================(CUT HERE)======================================

(removed commas, 'evened' it out r-l and now 68 chars instead of 70 ;-)

>>> #=======================================
>>> [2] Source Tracker

>>> can leave the existing ones as is for the moment.
>>
>> IMHO we should have a repository for the new website (which should
>> contain just the general stuff and link to the existing fop/batik
>> pages)
>> I'd go for SVN (xmlgraphics/site) but we should vote about that.
>
> Good catch again. Strong +1 for SVN from me.

+1 (FWIW, Mac OS X, Finder-integrated svn available: SCPlugin :-D)

>>> #=======================================
>>> [3] Initial Committer list

Can I assume that all PMC members make up the "Initial Committer List"?

>>> [3a] Initial PMC list
>>>
>>> The following people should be on the PMC mailing list:
>>>
>>>              Chris Bowditch         (cbowditch@apache.org)
>>>              Thomas DeWeese         (deweese@apache.org)
>>>              Christian Geisert      (chrisg@apache.org)
>>>              Clay Leeds             (clay@apache.org)
>>>              Keiron Liddle          (keiron@apache.org)
>>>              Jeremias Maerki        (jeremias@apache.org) [PMC chair]
>>>              Glen Mazza             (gmazza@apache.org)
>>>              Simon Pepping          (spepping@apache.org)
>>>              Joerg Pietschmann      (pietsch@apache.org)
>>>
>>> #=======================================
>>> [4] Snapshots

>>> #=======================================
>>>
>>> [5] apsite karma

>>> someone in the apsite group. Can I request for one of our volunteers
>>> (Christian and/or Clay) to be included in the "apsite" group? I
>>> would do
>>
>> Sure.

Clay says "Sure!" too.

> Again, thanks!
>
>> We also need a xmlgraphics unix group with all (active?) committers.
>
> You're right again. It's just good I didn't simply shoot from the hip
> with all that.

OK Wyatt Earp... But we may also need other(s):

-bash-2.05b$ groups
clay apcvs xml

This is just my current /groups/ (I don't know what jeremias' /groups/
displays, but we should probably mirror xmlgraphics groups similarly:
I'm thinking:

<you> apsvn apsite xmlgraphics

There could be others...

> Jeremias Maerki