xml-general mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: XML Graphics hostname (was Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?)
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2004 18:21:21 GMT
I agree with Glen & Jeremias that [1] is probably best. One other idea
(which I don't like as much as [1]) is graphics.xml.apache.org

But it may make one thing Apache XML Graphics Project is a subproject
of Apache XML Project, which it's not.

I think [1] xmlgraphics.apache.org is the best choice.

Web Maestro Clay

On Oct 24, 2004, at 8:36 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Visually I like [2] better, but I think [1] will
> create fewer problems over time (for example, with the
> ML address, general@xmlgraphics.apache.org will
> probably cause fewer typing problems than
> general@xml-graphics.apache.org.)   So a slight
> preference for [1], although either is OK with me.
>
> I agree that [3] would not be a good idea.
>
> Glen
>
> --- Jeremias Maerki <dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch> wrote:
>
>> I agree with your argument about emphasis, but [2]
>> would be a precedent
>> at Apache. Brian Behlendorf hinted at
>> "xmlgraphics.apache.org" which is
>> also my preference. [3] is probably not realistic.
>> Besides "xml-graphics"
>> would probably look peculiar besides "xmlbeans",
>> even thought they don't
>> have a space in the project name.
>>
>> We should decide on that real quick so I can request
>> the subdomain,
>> mailing lists (General and PMC) and Wiki.
>>
>> On 09.10.2004 17:10:46 Clay Leeds wrote:
>>> On that note... what will the new hostname (I
>> think that's the
>>> terminology) for the Apache XML Graphics be
>> called?
>>>
>>> We probably will need to 'vote' on this until
>> after the Apache XML
>>> Graphics PMC is created (if we even need to vote
>> on this). My
>>> preferences is for option [2], as it helps clarify
>> and emphasize the
>>> two aspects of the new project "xml" & "graphics",
>> which I think will
>>> help with branding. There may be other ideas on
>> how it should look, but
>>> these are a few
>>
>> <snip/>
>>
>>> [1]