xml-general mailing list archives

From Christian Geisert <christian.geis...@isu-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: [Discussion/draft] XML Graphics setup
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:14:22 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> The approval of the project comes at a bad time for me personally, as
> I'm very busy ATM. Nonetheless, we need to get the project set up very
> quickly. Below I've started to fill out the project request form from

Coincidently I started writing a mail about the same subject yesterday ;-)

> http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation-form.txt. There are a few
> holes to fill.

I think we should also have a general-commits@ list for the new website
(see below) and the wiki-diffs

> leave the current dev and user mailing lists as is. We don't need to
> rename them unless there's a possibility to create aliases.
>
> (ii) remote moderators ...
>   Note: At least two, preferably world-wide coverage.
>
>   jeremias@apache.org
>   <please include yourself here>

I'm happy to moderate another mailing list.

> (iii) archives
>   mbox
>   I.     http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/mail/general/YYYYMM.gz
>        (mbox archives for general@ only!)

Why no archive for pmc list (this should be private too)

> (iv) options
>
>   I.   Reply-To: Header       [X] yes   [ ] no
>     NOTE: $PROJECT-cvs@$TLP.apache.org -> $PROJECT-dev@$TLP.apache.org
>   II.  Prefix in Subject      [ ] yes   [X] no
>   III. Eyebrowse              [X] yes   [ ] no
>        (Eyebrowse for general@ only!)
>
>   IV.  Moderation Message     [X] short [ ] long
>   V.   Message Trailer        [X] yes   [ ] no
>    (a).   general@xmlgraphics.apache.org
>
> =====================(CUT HERE)======================================
>
> #=======================================
> [2] Source Tracker

> can leave the existing ones as is for the moment.

IMHO we should have a repository for the new website (which should
contain just the general stuff and link to the existing fop/batik
pages)
I'd go for SVN (xmlgraphics/site) but we should vote about that.

> #=======================================
> [3] Initial Committer list

> [3a] Initial PMC list
>
> The following people should be on the PMC mailing list:
>
>              Chris Bowditch         (cbowditch@apache.org)
>              Thomas DeWeese         (deweese@apache.org)
>              Christian Geisert      (chrisg@apache.org)
>              Clay Leeds             (clay@apache.org)
>              Keiron Liddle          (keiron@apache.org)
>              Jeremias Maerki        (jeremias@apache.org) [PMC chair]
>              Glen Mazza             (gmazza@apache.org)
>              Simon Pepping          (spepping@apache.org)
>              Joerg Pietschmann      (pietsch@apache.org)

> [4] Snapshots

> [5] apsite karma

> someone in the apsite group. Can I request for one of our volunteers
> (Christian and/or Clay) to be included in the "apsite" group? I would do

Sure.

We also need a xmlgraphics unix group with all (active?) committers.

--
Christian