xml-general mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Ba...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 05:32:59 GMT

Ramesh Mandava wrote:

>> - Both Elliotte's and Clay's questions below are important.  If someone
>> familiar with the code could comment on:  For either the main trunk, or
>> a temporary working branch for integration:
>>
>> -- What JVM's will this code compile on?  Version/Vendors?
>>
>   J2SE 1.4.x,  J2SE 5.0 . We tried this on Sun JDKs but the same
> sources should run on  other JVMs as well.
>

>> -- What JVM's will this code run on?  Version/Vendors?
>>

> J2SE 1.3.x, J2SE 1.4.x,  J2SE 5.0. Again we qualified the sources on
> Sun JVM. But as there is no Sun JVM specific codem these  sources
> should work on other JVMs without modification ( we have to try it out
> though  :-) ).

Right. This hasn't been tried but i don't see any reason why it
shouldn't work on any other JVM as there isn't any Sun JVM specific code.

In other mail i have suggested that active Xerces/Xalan committers can
try this before committin on main truck as the plan is to put the code
on branch first. I proposed JAXP 1.3 APIs to be committed on xml-commons
main trunk but i am totally fine with creating a branch first to test
the compatibility with other JVM.

Neeraj