xml-general mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Ba...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 05:20:04 GMT

Michael Glavassevich wrote:

>Hello Neeraj,
>
>I think this is a good plan for merging the JAXP 1.3 changes into Xerces.
>There's been quite a bit of progress on the XInclude implementation in
>CVS, particularly in the last two months, so I imagine it's quite
>different than it's state in the RI. Initially putting the RI on a
>separate branch and then merging onto the main trunk sounds like the right
>way to move forward.

Thanks Michael. I also see that merging Xinclude would require little
extra effort than merging
other components.
                Regarding donation and merge of the sources, there have
been couple of questions
which i believe have been answered and there are other questions like
compiling code on other
JVM vendors which we (active Xerces/Xalan committers) can work out while
working on the branch
before  committing on main trunk.

Regards,
Neeraj