xml-general mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject [Discussion/draft] XML Graphics setup
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 07:34:57 GMT
The approval of the project comes at a bad time for me personally, as
I'm very busy ATM. Nonetheless, we need to get the project set up very
quickly. Below I've started to fill out the project request form from
http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation-form.txt. There are a few
holes to fill.

The board has recently accepted the proposal for creation of the XML
Graphics project (which is comprised of the XML projects Batik and FOP).
To aid in the process, would infrastructure please do the following:

[1] Mailing List (i) addresses

  I.   general$xmlgraphics.apache.org
  I.   pmc$xmlgraphics.apache.org (private mailing list)

>>>JeremiasMaerki: no other lists required at this point. I think we can
leave the current dev and user mailing lists as is. We don't need to
rename them unless there's a possibility to create aliases.

(ii) remote moderators ...
  Note: At least two, preferably world-wide coverage.

  <please include yourself here>

>>>JeremiasMaerki: Additional volunteers please!

(iii) archives
  I.     http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/mail/general/YYYYMM.gz
       (mbox archives for general@ only!)

(iv) options

  I.   Reply-To: Header       [X] yes   [ ] no
    NOTE: $PROJECT-cvs@$TLP.apache.org -> $PROJECT-dev@$TLP.apache.org
  II.  Prefix in Subject      [ ] yes   [X] no
  III. Eyebrowse              [X] yes   [ ] no
       (Eyebrowse for general@ only!)

  IV.  Moderation Message     [X] short [ ] long
  V.   Message Trailer        [X] yes   [ ] no
   (a).   general@xmlgraphics.apache.org

=====================(CUT HERE)======================================
Apache XML Graphics Project -- URL: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org

[2] Source Tracker

>>>JeremiasMaerki: We don't need any new VC modules at this point. We
can leave the existing ones as is for the moment.

[3] Initial Committer list

>>>JeremiasMaerki: n/a

[3a] Initial PMC list

The following people should be on the PMC mailing list:

             Chris Bowditch         (cbowditch@apache.org)
             Thomas DeWeese         (deweese@apache.org)
             Christian Geisert      (chrisg@apache.org)
             Clay Leeds             (clay@apache.org)
             Keiron Liddle          (keiron@apache.org)
             Jeremias Maerki        (jeremias@apache.org) [PMC chair]
             Glen Mazza             (gmazza@apache.org)
             Simon Pepping          (spepping@apache.org)
             Joerg Pietschmann      (pietsch@apache.org)

[4] Snapshots

>>>JeremiasMaerki: n/a ATM

[5] apsite karma

>>>JeremiasMaerki: To administrate the new Wiki (to be created) we need
someone in the apsite group. Can I request for one of our volunteers
(Christian and/or Clay) to be included in the "apsite" group? I would do
it myself but my Unix skills are not the best.

Jeremias Maerki